I hope this finds you and your family in good health. While many things have changed, one thing that has remained the same is my commitment to your safety and health.
By its very nature, massage requires skin-to-skin contact and you should be familiar with the fact that infection control has always been a top priority for my practice. As we navigate life with additional requirements and modify existing measures due to the coronavirus, please help me to support all of my clients by cooperating with some new requirements.
My business follows Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. I made these changes to help protect my clients and myself. For example:
- I will greet you at the door and use a no touch thermal temperature screening to confirm that you don't have a fever.
- I'll ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness.
- Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building, and during your massage. If you do not have one, I will provide you with a disposable mask.
- I will ask you to sign a consent form that states, "I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection from COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage from this practioner."
- I will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office. You will find it in the reception area and in my treatment room.
I look forward to seeing you again and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps I take to keep you, and every client, safe in my practice. Contact me at 760-420-8840 or at any time.
Thank you for being my client! I value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to a safe, therapeutic environment.